Tuesday, January 18, 2011

postaday2011 choose my own topic

The postaday topic isn't up yet. I like writing in the morning more than the afternoon, so postaday can have my topic of choice today: Planning my 30th birthday party.

On Thursday I turn 30.
It's like this great big deal
except
not really?

I'm exactly where I want to be in my life.
I have a husband
who I love, admire and am attracted to.
His way of existing compels me
to try to be a better person
all the time.

We have a lovely house
with just enough home reno projects
on the horizon
to keep us from ever being bored
or accumulating too much spare change.

We are working on having a child
the fun part of course being the "work"
although we have also filled out adoption papers
deciding we'd be equally happy with whatever happens first.

I have a successful small business.
Assuming I pass my MT exam
I might even be bringing in enough money really soon
to pay myself a living wage
and have some left over
for Mexico!

I am thinking I should take a Spanish class.

Today I am preparing for my 30th birthday party.
It will be fun!

Our house is tiny. I am thinking about where to put things so that we do not end up without enough space.
I think the dinner table will go in the kitchen
and the coffee table will go
where the dinner table was.
The coffee table can hold punch and cookies. The kitchen table can be for overflow.
Extra rugs will be added to the kitchen
for wet and muddy boots.
(I seriously hate washing floors.)


Punch:
Mix the following in a punch bowl:
1 jug cranberry juice
2 bottles Virgil's cream soda
1 carton/frozen concentrate with water OJ
float cinnamon sticks (optional)
add ice

Cookies:
3 or 4 eggs
4 cups of sugar (either half white and half brown or all very light brown)
4.5 cups flour
2 cups oil/butter/margarine
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups walnuts, freshly pressed with a rolling pin
1/4 cup ground flax seed
almost 1/4 cup vanilla extract
mix & bake for 13 minutes at 350.

I also need to try and figure out who is coming to my party. And where we're going after, although I suspect that will be decided on Thursday...

No comments: