Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Postaday 13

If you only had 1 hour to live, what would you do?

My husband. Repeatedly.

No, seriously. I really would.

I love the rest of you, I really do. Before I got down and dirty I'd probably phone those of you whose phone numbers I have and let you know that I was going to die. Maybe. I'd probably even give one of you (Amanda or Lisa) my facebook password so that you could let everyone know I was going to die. I'd call my parents.

But then I'd unplug the phone, lock the doors, get out the grown-up toy box and go play with Russell. If I could choose to die in his arms I'd be happy. He'd be devastated, of course....

hm.

Maybe I'd also call someone who lives really near by and arrange for said person to show up just after I kick the bucket to be with Russell and help make sure he's okay.

However, the nature of this question assumes that everyone who's participating in postaday2011 also has only one hour to live, so I'd have to weed out a bunch of people as being potential support for recently widowed husband. Hm. And I might want to book the undertaker early too because clearly there is going to be mass demand.

I guess I should also like to plan my funeral a bit. (This is all eating into my remaining sex time. It is a good thing I've thought about this before.)

Originally I didn't want a body viewing but given what I now know about how the brain processes loss, I think it would be a good idea. Eeew. You're all going to have to look at my dead body!

Then I'd like to be cremated and put in a very simple, unpreserved wooden box. I'd like the box to be buried in the earth and I'd like all of my rocks to be buried with me. Please send my collection of shells to my friend Michael in New Zealand with the instructions that they're to be returned to the ocean. (Okay, okay, I know he's in Australia right now, whatever. Semantics.) Umm.... right. Donate whatever of my clothing Russell doesn't want to keep to Tamara's House. All of my ritual stuff goes to my mum who can see that if any of it needs to go to friends, it will get there. Someone needs to sell my dance costumes - I just finished working on the blue skirt. It is covered with dongles made of real gemstones and is probably worth a small fortune. The gold costume is also worth a fair bit. The silver wouldn't be worth as much but you could still get something for it, and the tribal pieces aren't worth much of anything so maybe just give them away to a new dancer who is in desperate need of a costume for a show. Art supplies are hereby donated to Prairie Energy Counselling Services. Russell gets to keep whatever he wants. Andrea gets my sewing stuff.

I'm all done now. It's time for my husband and I to have wild and crazy sex. And in the off-chance that I survive the next hour, well, you'll all have to keep putting up with these crazy posts for another long while.

Peace.

No comments: