Wednesday, May 09, 2012

waiting.... waiting....

I seem to be not blogging every day but every other day. I think this is okay because sometimes I don't have a thing to say.

Yesterday's revelation was that, according to my aunt who attended a seminar on the topic, 93% of basic communication is conveyed through body language and tone. She and I both figure this is why neither of us do particularly well on (or like) the telephone! How the heck are you supposed to understand somebody if you can't see them when you're talking to them? And how are you supposed to focus on the conversation when, with the exception of your cognitive understanding of how technology works (and let's face it, most of us really can't explain current telecommunications systems) talking on the phone is pretty much the same as having a conversation out loud with somebody who's talking in your head. And y'know what that's called? Yeppers. Crazy.

I have very little to add to that. My weekend with Mum is coming up soon and I'm quite looking forward to it. Otherwise, same old same old.....

No comments: