Monday, April 30, 2012

For Michael and Clare, whatever island you may be on...

An old friend of mine has very recently become engaged. This is quite exciting.

I met my friend one day in Wellington, fairly randomly. He complimented my pants.

Years down the road we still write letters. We did meet once, a couple years after the original meeting. It was awkward. I still think he's awesome.

Today I was greeted with the joyful news that he is engaged to a wonderful woman. I suppose I say this rather presumptively - I know of her via the world of social networking. She has a beautiful smile. More than that though, she has a beautiful energy that I can sense, intrinsically tied to the energy of my beautiful friend.

He has had other relationships over the years, and traveled with at least one of them, but she has truly been the only one with such a bright, lovely light.

I am very excited for both of them, and wish them a very long life together full of light and love.

No comments: