Tuesday, March 21, 2006

mourning morning

floating in through the window fresh
air wafting down across my
face my
naked flesh whatever is
not under the blankets.
It is warm under the blankets.
Cold breeze and I am awake but
not
yet and I savour the moment briefly
home is safe
open my eyes and orient
several months later no
I'm not still in the Orient
waking sounds of Dengue Fever
no mosquito net
where?
sit up to look out the window
can I see what can I see what is the weather today?
my city
surprisingly low-rise out my window yet
I can see the airport. No surprise.
Stretch languish stretch hold
stretch
looking the other way
how long can I hold my head at this angle?
stretch
where again? What time? Who? Which day?
how long to flit
in the liminal stage how long to
linger
half asleep
before
I start mourning the morning?

No comments: